SX35/140 -12V -50mm w/Controller & POD
=< 50 mm hull Thickness
The next generation external thrusters for in water flow installation
Our new external thrusters are the most compact external thrusters in the world and allows for installation in boats that previously could not fit a thruster.
By adding the Hydropod low drag cover, the new SX models can be mounted under the hull in the water flow for low- and mid-speed vessels as both bow and stern thruster.
Hydrodynamically optimized for minimum drag
A typical sail boat in the range of 32 – 38 feet will need a thrust equivalent of about 250 – 400 kgs from the main engine to reach a cruising speed of 7,5 knots. From advanced computer analysis, the typical added drag from the Hydropod at this speed will be less than 3kg!
There are many variables that will affect the actual added drag on a particular installation, but in general, unless used on a very light competition sailboat, the added drag will not be noticable.
- Perfect for boats with a flat or shallow front keel as both bow and stern thruster
- External pod thrusters can often be positioned further towards the bow than tunnel thrusters, giving significantly “more” thrust because of the weight arm principle
- Strong and durable polyurethane cast with composite and stainless steel reinforcements
- Deformation frontal zone reduces transition of forces to the hull and fasteners in case of impact
- Optimal hydrodynamics with minimal drag